Is there a better way to start your day than spend some time amidst the flora of your lush green garden every morning? Surely not! A walk in the garden does great things for your health and also allows you to organize your thoughts. Garden accessories allow you to add a perfectly serene appearance to your garden and UK water feature is a notable product in this range. It brings the tranquility of a waterfall in your garden by creating soulful water cascades and fountains.
The mediating couple radiates with bliss and is an inspiration for people in love. It depicts harmony between two souls and complements it with an enchanting cascade of flowing water. The granite effect adds a pristine charm to your garden, allowing it to breathe. The fountain is also equipped with LED lights which allow it to shower its blessing even during night! It is a celebration of love and brings harmony to your relationships.
The ‘Wooden Barrels’ brings the natural elements to your garden. It creates a very rhythmic sound of water falling on wood and will help you connect with your childhood days. The concept of adding timber to your garden will lend it mystic appearance and make it look like a forest. So, just go for a trek in your garden but make sure you don’t lose your way in the woods!
UK water features belong to the exciting family of garden accessories. The accessories bring in innovative designing concepts to your garden making it stand out. You can buy the accessories online and enjoy great discounts. So, go ahead and soak all the freshness of nature with your garden walk!
When it comes to adding style and character to your garden, there’s nothing quite like outdoor water features. The right piece can bring your garden design together and will form a stunning focal point. And with the huge range of designs we have available, you can really find something to express your individuality and make your garden unique. Take a look around our array of beautiful sculptures, figures, columns, orbs and tiered urns and you’re sure to spot a water feature that would enhance your garden.
If it is clean, modern lines you’re looking for, our stunning range of stainless steel sculptures comprising the Naples, the Ankara, the Monaco, the Hamburg, the Brussels, the Singapore, the Nassau, the Minsk and the Alicante is a great place to start. Water glides over the gleaming orbs, columns, cylinders and waves of this contemporary collection, to mesmerising effect. And when darkness falls, integral LED lighting means the sculptures glow against the night sky.
Abstract sculptures depicting couples can add a sensuous and romantic air to a garden and are a lovely way of celebrating a special relationship. Our embracing couple in a black granite finish or the kissing couple water feature are both elegant examples from our extensive collection of best garden ornaments.
We’ve only skimmed the surface of what we’ve got to offer, so take a look around the site and find the right water feature to turn your garden into something spectacular.
With the weather taking a turn for the warmer and the promise of more sunny days ahead, why not think about using all that free energy to power a relaxing water feature? Imagine yourself enjoying the early summer rays, with the soothing sound of flowing water in the background.
Our range of fountains and cascades will create a relaxing atmosphere in your garden, or on a patio or balcony. The solar powered water features are all driven by direct sunlight and some also have rechargeable battery back-up, to keep the pump operating if the sun goes in.
So what should you look for in a water feature? Well that very much depends on the style of your garden or balcony, as well as personal taste. We have designs to suit every garden, from tiered cascades and pyramids to bird baths. Some features incorporate charming characters like our friendly frog, serene Buddha or pretty wood nymph. Each fountain has its own unique look with finishes including weathered stone, glazed and patterned ceramics, slate and bronze.
And as all the energy used to power the pumps is direct from the sun, you can relax knowing that your beautiful new feature is friendly to the environment, as well as to your electricity bill.
Time has come now to assess winter losses and plan for replacement plants to be planted. The sun is finally out and days are gradually getting wormer.
It will be good to take into account these plants which did not survive the ‘’extreme low temperatures’’ and choose more robust ones for this season.
Little and Big Jobs For March
- Check stored fruit and vegetables and remove any damaged or mouldy produce to avoid spoiling the rest.
- Seed potatoes are available now. Chit them (allow shoots to form) by placing them in a light, cool, frost-free place.
- Moss will start growing on lawns before the grass, so now is the time to start killing it with ferrous sulphate.
- This is your last chance to plant bare-rooted raspberries. Prune the canes of summer-fruiting types to 10in after planting, and autumn-fruiting varieties down to ground level. Hellebores may show distorted foliage which is the result of stop-start growth caused by lower temperatures. New shoots should now grow normally.
- Check outdoor containers are regularly watered, particularly those sheltered by house porches or eaves.
- Netting over brassicas may have been weakened by snow and need attention to deter ravenous birds.
- Clear leaves from around snowdrops so you can see their flowers emerging.
- Put up bird nesting boxes this month – it’s the last chance before tits start looking for a suitable residence.
- Ventilate your glasshouse or conservatory on mild days to help prevent fungal problems.
Many of our gardens have been battered by a second hard British winter in a row, but this is a chance to reassess borders.
- Try reintroducing old favorites better equipped to deal with cold winters as alternatives to slightly tender plants.
- Remove lime scale from outdoor water features, by using standard lime scale detergents; you do not need anything fancy. Also for any of the Solar Powered Water Features make sure that the solar panels are clean, so they let enough light into the solar panels.
- Olive and bay trees may fail in freezing conditions, so instead plant standard Elaeagnus ‘Quicksilver’ AGM, the evergreens Ilex aquifolium ‘JC van Tol’ AGM or Viburnum tinus ‘Gwenllian’ AGM.
- As the sun is coming out, in exposed gardens, try lacy purple or yellow-leaved elderberry (Sambucus nigra) instead of Japanese maples. Plant shrubby lilac Syringa x laciniata or Erysimum ‘Bowles’s Mauve’ AGM instead of rosemary.
- Dormant shrubs and perennials allow you to assess the need for structure. Trees with eye-catching bark, such as birches and maples, are beautiful all year.
- If flowers are your passion, choose for a succession of seasonal colour.
- Measuring and drawing the garden should clarify plans; view the garden from inside the house and from different angles.
- Consider moving or replacing damaged, overgrown or badly placed shrubs.
Useful Kit and Garden Decorations – Water Features
Traditional spades have straight blades, short shafts and D-shaped handles. Spades with long shafts are available, but Wisley gardeners favour a type known as a Cornish spade, with a long plain handle and pointed blade.
These are easy on the back and make light work of even quite hard soils. The only drawback is that they don’t bury weeds and manure as neatly as straight-edged spades. Solar water features are particularly attractive for the garden as they are very easy to install and do not need any of the long winded cables. At Home2Garden we have introduced a brand new ranged of the Solar Water Features for the coming season!
Although we have had quite a bit of rain over the last weeks, it has been a blessing for the garden as every flower and plant has been refreshed sprouting buds, flowers and shoots!
Water is an essential element of nature that transforms a landscape, from being a bone dry desert to a lush tropical paradise. The sound of water cascading down rocks or within a beautiful water feature is soothing to the soul and creates a sense of calm and tranquility.
At Home2Garden, we revel in all the sounds, sights and smells of the natural world and have found our newest sector of garden accents, our water feature fountains, to be extremely popular with our customers. In particular, the loving couple selection has been chosen many times over as a wedding and anniversary gift this spring/summer. The embracing couples and the sound of the water cascading down, evoke a memory or a dream of being somewhere far away and embraced under a waterfall. The image touches the soul in a positive, warm way.
In the garden or courtyard, partio or balconey, a water feature will not take up much room and our solar powered ones do not require and outdoor plugs or electrical leads. You can unpack and place them anywhere you want to create a soothing corner of tranquility and contemplation. Sitting out instantly becomes a little more special with the burbling song of your fountain to cheer you!